Tuesday, November 6, 2007

All socks, all the time...


Or at least, that's what it feels like sometimes around here. I finished the Fortissima socks, and they matched up perfectly, except for a teensy little bit of red at the toe of one sock. I don't know why that happened- I started at exactly the same place in the repeat, my gauge is consistent, the socks are the same length throughout, and yet one sock has red at the toe, and the other had at least 12" of purple left at the end. Oh well, they're pretty. I have always loved this colorway (the first pair of self-patterning socks I ever knit was from this line- it took me a long time to reconcile myself to $16 per pair of socks. I have since made the adjustment... heh).


And, I am finally doing the scans/pics for the Short Row Heel Workshop. I am sorry that I've been so slow getting this done- some people have been waiting patiently since September for these updates (I have some valid excuses, but mostly, I just put off doing it). I hope to have them ready to upload tomorrow.

2 comments:

Natalie Rush said...

Your socks look wonderful!! Great job.

Cynthia said...

Pretty socks! I can never get my patterned socks to match up so closely.

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. And thanks for the suggestion on my bedjacket with the curled edges. I'll probably wait 'til I'm finished before I try anything drastic.