Saturday, November 17, 2007

Annemor #5


Yes, I finished the front of the Neverending Sweater, so I allowed myself to cast on another pair of mittens. I chose Annemor #5 (from Selbuvotter), with the intention of making them for one of my 6 year old granddaughters. But now that the main portion of one is finished, I don't think it'll fit either girl. I do have a 4 year old Great Niece (who spent our summer vacation calling me *Uncle Kaffi*) so she might get these. I love the green and purple, and am excited to see how the thumb comes out.


I did modify the pattern just a bit- I could tell immediately that 40 sts wasn't going to be big enough (with Knit Picks Palette yarn), so I cast on 48. And though I know that this pattern is based on actual old mittens, changing the color of the decreases halfway through looked *wrong* to me, so I kept all of the decreases in the MC. And there was a bit of errata on this chart (listed on the website). I'm glad I remembered to check.
I think this chart and pattern would work for the Grandgirls if I used sportweight yarn and size 3 needles.

1 comment:

Hobbygåsa said...

Thank you so much for your nice comment in my blog. Wow, you have made some great Fair Isle! Nice blog, I will come back visiting again.